Professional Code of Conduct
In order to qualify for this website we also ask that businesses read through the following code of conduct to ensure they can abide by it at all times. We only wish to do business with professionals who can take their customers seriously, do what they say they will and charge a reasonable price for it. Local businesses who advertise with us really must be able to:
- Supply a written detailed quotation prior to and before any work is carried out that complies with the cancellation of contracts made in a consumers home or place of work etc. regulations 2008. Failure to comply with this legislation is an offence and may make the contract unenforceable.
- Inform the customer before undertaking any work that may incur extra costs, and create an additional contract to include any variations to the original.
- Inform our office after every job is completed to enable us to to collect feedback and rating from customer.
- All work must be carried out by employees of the company registered on this site, apart from occasions when a licensed trader is required i.e electrician, gas engineer, double glazing etc. No passing on of leads or subcontracting to anyone not registered on this site is allowed.
- If you are asked by a customer that has been introduced to you by NRTH, to carry out work that you do not normally cover or you have not been accepted into the classification by NRTH which would allow you to carry out the work, you must refer them back to NRTH so admin can arrange for 3 businesses registered on the site who have been accepted into the necessary classification, to contact the customer and provide them with 3 impartial quotes.
- Fair dealing with their employees, and suppliers of all goods and services.
- Proper licensing and insurance for the areas in which they operate and not expose their customers to undue liability or other such risks.
- Commitment to quality of work and service.
- Inform consumer FIRST if there is any damage however insignificant.
- Be responsible for work carried out by job contractors that you use (when allowed).
- Ensure that all works agreed are both carried out and completed in accordance to the terms of the original quotation and the job specification
- Compliance with applicable building codes of a given jurisdiction as a minimum standard for construction and comply with structural requirements, safety and health regulations.
- Leave all areas both clean and tidy upon completion of the contract.
- Maintain full Public Liability Insurance cover.
- Inform the customer of any call out fees before attending.
- Be realistic when giving a start and completion date for the work.
- Return phone messages as promptly as possible.
- Keep all appointments and be on time. If for any reason this isn't possible, let the customer know at your earliest convenience and reschedule if required.
- Inform the customer if you cannot carry out or complete the work and refer them back to NO ROGUE TRADERS HERE in order to get someone who can.
- Be respectful to the customer, their property and their belongings.
- Deal with all complaints promptly and professionally.
REMEMBER TO BE HONEST – Rogue traders are not!
If you own or run a local business and you would like to know a little more about our site and believe in our Code of Conduct, then please call our sales team now and register your interest.
Show your customers you care, call us now 0121 411 9499